Sunday 23 September 2012

Thundercats 15cm Lion-o figure


The new version of Liono from the Thundercats 2011 series is a very different design from the original one. There are some parts of the design that they kept but they gave him a much more colourful and elaborate scheme. When you open your box of the figure, you see that you get lots of extra parts. You get the Sword of Omens in its large version and its smaller dagger version. You also get a closed claw shield and open claw for when he is wearing it. The Sword of Omens fits inside either version of the claw while in dagger form. You are also able to take off either the right or left hand. This is where one of my problems comes up because these are very tight and I feel its going to break any time I try pull it off. They probably will not break but they are very tough to remove and even harder to get back on because of the bending nature of the wrist.



Liono has lots of articulation, you can get some great poses with him. The only problem that I have with this aspect of this figure is because of the way the shoulder pads are designed and placed on him. Its makes it a lot harder to make him posed doing the "eye of omens" from the show. The paint job on this figure is great in most places but I found it lacking in other aspects. All the colours on the body armour look great, there are paint problems on the version I have. The only problem that I see and this is just my opinion is that I find the paint work on his face lacking. I think it is not really detailed enough and is very plain looking.


I would highly recommend if you are a fan of the Thundercats to pick it up. I got this from my local Smyths toy store were they were doing a buy one get one free on the figures, along with the classic figure too. I have just picked up two more from this series. So you can look forward to a review of both the Mumm-Ra and Panthro toys.

So comment, like and spread my name across the blogging sphere.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Looking forward to seeing new post! Welcome to the world of Blogging.

    ReplyDelete